If You're New to this Blog...

It's been a wild ride since we left Jerusalem. If you're new here, I'd recommend starting at the beginning with the First Post. Otherwise, new posts are below.

Monday, April 10, 2017

Over Promised and Under Delivered

This is going to have to be a short post because I don’t have a ton of time. We’re on the move again, following the director.

Ishmael still hasn't recovered from when we all nearly starved, and he probably won’t last until tomorrow morning. Obviously, his family is having a difficult time with it. I gotta admit, if I were Ishmael, I’d be feeling a bit frustrated right now. We basically lured him on the journey by talking about how Jerusalem was going to be destroyed, and we were headed to a promised land God prepared for us. And now he’s going to die in the desert. Had he stayed in Jerusalem, he could’ve lived comfortably many more years. And then when he died, he could’ve been buried with his fathers and family. Instead, we’ll probably bury him in Nahom, which is a 2-day journey from here. (From what I heard, they have a decent sized burial area right outside of the town). And then we’ll move on. He’ll sit in that grave alone until the resurrection.

Dad said Nahom is about a two-day journey beyond those mountains.

Jael’s pretty inconsolable right now, and I have no idea how to help. Any ideas would be great. Again, I’m new at this whole “being a husband” thing and need all the help I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment