If You're New to this Blog...

It's been a wild ride since we left Jerusalem. If you're new here, I'd recommend starting at the beginning with the First Post. Otherwise, new posts are below.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

...Aaand I'm Back!

Oh man, I’ve been so bad at updating this blog lately. Honestly, I almost forgot about the blog until something reminded me of it yesterday. I went back and looked at it and realized in my last post I left you all hanging with, “Hey, we almost killed my dad and brother.” Sorry, if any of you were worried. Things have actually been going pretty good for everyone over the last year.

After leaving Nahom, we started heading east. It’s not exactly easy living out here, so we’ve kept plenty busy just trying to survive (hence the lack of blogging time). And, we’re all the more busy because everyone’s got baby’s now too. Jael and I have a 4-month-old. We named her Sariah. She’s healthy and doing well, which is good. We’ve been living off raw meat since we left Jerusalem. I was worried that wouldn't be good for Jael’s pregnancy or for nursing. But Jael and the baby have both been fine, so I guess raw meat can be okay. And honestly, it doesn’t taste as gross as it sounds.

So it’s a lot of work to survive out here, but we’re getting along okay and not starving. I just hope we get to wherever we’re going soon, and there’s plenty of food there. Once all these runts need to start eating real food, it’ll require a lot more work to feed them. Oh, and speaking of runts, I have a new little brother. Jacob was born to Mom and Dad a few months after we left Nahom. It’s crazy, he’s my brother, but he’s gonna grow up playing with my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment