If You're New to this Blog...

It's been a wild ride since we left Jerusalem. If you're new here, I'd recommend starting at the beginning with the First Post. Otherwise, new posts are below.

Friday, March 24, 2017

My "Hard" Heart

After getting reamed out by Dad yesterday, Laman, Sam, and I tried to do a bit better to get back in his graces. We put in extra effort around the camp to help everyone get well-situated, especially Mom. Nephi disappeared, and near the end of the day, when Laman and I were making some traps for game, he showed back up. He said that he’d been praying to God to know if Dad was right or not, and that his heart was originally hard like ours is, but that God had softened his heart, and he now believes Dad.

"Hard like ours?!" I know it was his attempt at trying to relate to us, but the kid’s got the social graces of a blacksmith. Dad knew what he was doing in keeping Nephi out of the trading business. He’d have offended all our trading partners on the first caravan trip.

Anyway, my heart isn’t hard. I want to do what’s right, and this just isn’t it. The scriptures are filled with prophecies about how the Lord will protect his people. Why in the world would we abandon the covenant people? And now with Nephi to encourage him, who knows what Dad will believe and do next?

No comments:

Post a Comment