If You're New to this Blog...

It's been a wild ride since we left Jerusalem. If you're new here, I'd recommend starting at the beginning with the First Post. Otherwise, new posts are below.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Dreams Followed

Surprise! We’re not in Jerusalem anymore, and no, we aren’t doing the whole trading caravan thing either. Dad followed through on what he believed his dream told him, and so we all packed up and left Jerusalem three days ago. Now, we’re just camping next to a river near the Red Sea.

Obviously, I’m concerned. Dad’s visions contributed to him joining Jeremiah's followers in the first place, and those followers generally just hate on God's chosen leaders. I’m not sure why Jeremiah has such an ax to grind. It’s possible he was jealous of the fact that he’s not the High Priest. Some people don’t understand that in the Lord’s household, the office you occupy doesn’t matter. It only matters that you serve. Ambition for anything else can lead to apostasy. Anyway Dad’s visions sent him down this path of apostasy in the first place, so how does he expect us to trust his visions that led us out here?

But, since we’re here, pics!

Luckily, there’s a little greenery and shade here where we’ve set up camp.

Okay, but seriously, I’m really conflicted about everything right now. Abandoning my family doesn’t feel right, but when Dad is taking us down the wrong path, what do I do? Right now I’m thinking I stick with my family and try to be the voice of reason. Hopefully, I can convince Dad to see the light regarding this path he’s taken, and things can return to how they should be.

Oh, and it looks like I might need a new blog description for the top banner. "Learning the trade of my father" doesn't seem like the direction this blog will be going, unfortunately. Comment below if you have any better ideas for a description.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just wanting to know how you are even getting an internet connection out in the middle of nowhere :P

    ReplyDelete