If You're New to this Blog...

It's been a wild ride since we left Jerusalem. If you're new here, I'd recommend starting at the beginning with the First Post. Otherwise, new posts are below.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Four Brides for Four Brothers

It’s been a busy couple days. Dad finished reading the entirety of the brass plates and gave us the highlights. Turns out Dad and Laban were some sort of cousins, X times removed.

Dad had another vision or something, and Laman, Nephi, Sam and I are headed back to Jerusalem again. This time it’s to try and convince Ishmael to come and bring his children with him. He has a couple sons, but more importantly, he has plenty of daughters. I didn’t know the daughters super well, so hopefully one of them works out for me. I’m kinda concerned what with me only having four possible options (and it’s not like I’ll get first dibs either). As I recall, Nephi was quite smitten with one of them, so we’ll see how that works out. He’s never really been what I would call “smooth."

I’m not sure how it’s going to work out attempting to convince Ishmael’s family to join us on this “adventure.” Ishmael and Dad know each other pretty well, and I think Ishmael also sympathizes with the Jeremiah faction. However, it’s one thing to agree with Jeremiah, it’s another thing to abandon everything because your buddy had one dream telling him to abandon civilization and a second dream saying you should go with him. So I guess we’ll see.

If you don’t hear from me for a couple days, it’s cuz I’m doing lots of walking. And if you don’t hear from me for lots of days, I’m probably in prison. I’m a bit concerned that they might’ve connected Laban’s beheading to our family, in which case showing our faces in Jerusalem isn’t the smartest thing to do.

I don’t think that’s the most likely scenario though. I think it’s more likely the authorities figure Zoram killed Laban. I imagine when the whole thing was discovered, the officials saw Laban dead, the brass plates gone, and the servant with charge over the plates gone too. They probably pegged the whole thing on Zoram at that point and are looking for him. I better mention this epiphany of mine to Dad because I don’t think it’d be smart to bring Zoram with us. Nephi will be sad he can’t bring his new buddy.

Kidding, not kidding. Just kidding. No Seriously.
Oh, and seriously, I only have a couple dozen readers, and I know you're all my bros, so please don't mention anything to anyone about the whole killing Laban thing. And if it does slip, make sure the authorities know it was Nephi, not me, that did it. Seriously.

One last item of business, I really need a new description for this blog. I'm thinking, "Managing the crazy." Anyone have any better ideas?

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I'll keep "I, Lemuel" for the title. I need a new description though for underneath the title. Something to replace, "Learning the trade of my father" because (contrary to my plans) that's definitely not what's been going on in this blog.

      Delete
  2. How about:"How to be the voice of reason in a crazy family?"

    ReplyDelete