If You're New to this Blog...

It's been a wild ride since we left Jerusalem. If you're new here, I'd recommend starting at the beginning with the First Post. Otherwise, new posts are below.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Book's Done

As I mentioned in my last post, I've been considering turning this blog into a book. Well, it's done and available in both Kindle and paperback formats.

Downloadable Kindle Version

Paperback Version

Introduction

An account of Lehi, his wife Sariah, and their four sons—Laman, Lemuel, Sam, and Nephi. Because of what he saw in a dream, Lehi accused the Jews of iniquity, and they sought his life. We escaped by heading three days’ journey into the desert. We four sons returned to the land of Jerusalem to retrieve the Jews’ record and suffered much in the process. We married the daughters of Ishmael and then went farther into the desert and suffered even more in our travels. We eventually arrived at the sea and a place we named Bountiful. We built a ship to cross the sea and arrive at a new land. Once there, Lehi died, and Nephi rebelled against his brothers by fleeing into the wilderness. Laman and Sariah both died shortly thereafter. This is according to the account of Lemuel; or in other words, I, Lemuel, wrote this record.

This book is a compilation of blog posts I wrote over the course of more than a decade (original posts available at ilemuel.blogspot.com). These posts chronicle my family’s disintegration, which resulted from choices made by my dad, brothers, and myself. I do not share our story to make any money or a name for myself (hence the creative commons license). I'm publishing at the lowest cost Amazon allows and will donate any royalties to the IRC. I only hope you can learn from us and be wiser than we were.

Of course, if you don't feel like paying for the book, you could always just start with the first post in this blog and read through to the end. Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment