If You're New to this Blog...

It's been a wild ride since we left Jerusalem. If you're new here, I'd recommend starting at the beginning with the First Post. Otherwise, new posts are below.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

We Made It to the Great Valley!

Guys! We arrived in the promised land! I can’t believe it! Look at this place!

We’re calling it Bountiful. Isn’t it awesome? To really understand the beauty of this promised land, you gotta consider what we’ve been traveling through for the last 8 years:

Artist's rendition

And then after 8 years of that, we come to this!

It’s been four years since my last post, and honestly, I really was starting to wonder if we were going anywhere worth going. A promised land of sand isn’t much of a promise. (Side note: I don't like sand. It's course and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.) But this place is great. It’s got fruit and honey. Plenty of game to hunt; we can fish in the waters.
Eight years ago I decided to act in faith and accept Dad as a prophet, and finally that decision has been confirmed. He knew what he was doing after all.

There’s also lots of lumber here, so I plan to start working on a house for my family. And we’ll need it. The sandflies are bad here. Who can blame them though? It’s the only place for miles worth inhabiting. If I was a sandfly, this is where I’d live. I guess I better finish up this post. I have a ton to do. I’ve never built a house before. No idea what I’m doing. Maybe Dad knows. Nephi’s good at this stuff, I’m sure he can help me too. Anyway, I’ll keep you guys updated. This place is so awesome. Take it away, Diana Ross!

 🎶If we hold oooonnnn together, ♪ I know our dreaaaams will neeeever diieeee.... 🎵

No comments:

Post a Comment